It’s that time again – with boats coming out of the water, a few simple hints and tips can ensure that re-commissioning in Spring will be much more straightforward.**
- Give the bottom a thorough power-wash and also wash down the topsides and deck.
- Give the interior a thorough wash down with a disinfectant solution to prevent any build up of mould and mildew whilst laid up.
- Winterize your engine:
- Top off your fuel tank to prevent build up of condensation.
- Drain and flush the cooling system before replenishing with anti-freeze mix.
- Change the oil and the oil filter.
- Winterize plumbing by either draining it completely or refilling with anti-freeze. Water and holding tanks should be flushed with anti-bacterial solution and drained.
- Disconnect and remove the battery – alternatively set up a battery charger to maintain it through any long period of inactivity.
- Check the hull for any damaged paintwork or cracks – repair and reseal with a good wax coat.
- Provide your boat with a properly fitting cover to protect it from rain, snow and frost.
- Ensure that, although protected, there is always good airflow to prevent build up of damp and mildew.
- Keep the sea cocks and drains open to prevent build up of any water from rain or leaks.
- Grease all parts that require it to protect from corrosion.
**These hints and tips are provided for useful information only and Christopher Rowe Limited accept no responsibility for any resulting consequences.